Wednesday 5 November 2014

The Big Chill Begins



A slight exaggeration perhaps but the temperature suddenly dropped today and our heating decided to go on holiday yesterday so the air does have a certain wintery feel in our house.

Bearing this in mind, and the fact that it is now November, I don't feel so bad about introducing the "Christmas" word. I have been telling youngest child since July that she is not allowed to sing Jingle Bells until the Open House starts and I never used to do Christmas until after middle child's birthday (end of November) but I don't feel so bad about it this year as we did at least have a proper summer.

There will be various Christmas goodies on offer at the Open House. I do sachets of spices to make mulled wine, Christmas decorations and stockings (I will post pictures of these at some point) and we will have Christmas cards as well. Vicky and Del have some great cards - check out their websites http://www.vickysworld.co.uk/artwork and https://www.facebook.com/delthorpesdrawings?ref=hl - and here are some of Leonor's.











No comments:

Post a Comment