Monday 13 October 2014

Summer sunshine


After days of interminable rain during which I've been trying and failing to get some silk scarves painted outside, I decided to mount some of the photos I've taken this summer. It's great to be reminded of just how good the summer was, even if it wasn't always completely reliable. For the first time in four years, we managed to visit Groombridge Place without getting wet and were rewarded by peacocks sunbathing. (I actually have a phobia of birds so it's always good to take pictures of them without the camera shaking!)

Our trip to Scotney Castle started damp but ended with lots of sunshine and reflections of blue skies in the lake.

As ever, our first night in Newquay had the most gorgeous sunset to be followed by pouring rain the next day. After much perseverance, I finally managed to get a photo of a surfer standing up but he is completely outclassed by the colours of the sky.









No comments:

Post a Comment